By Jenna Martindale.
I tried a recipe the other day that I want to share with you (1) because it’s Paleo friendly, and (2) it’s idiot proof. It’s basically almond butter, chocolate chip, fluffiness.
*Grain Free | Paleo | Gluten Free | Dairy Free*
- 3/4 cup unsalted creamy almond butter (I used Justin’s Classic Almond Butter)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar (I found a bag at TJMAXX)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life is a good option)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. (I just smeared mine with coconut oil).
- In the bowl of a food processor, add in almond butter, coconut sugar and coconut oil; process until it comes together, about 1 minute. Add in eggs and process again. The dough will probably seize up at this point, but don’t worry that’s okay.
- Next, add in coconut flour, baking soda and salt; process again until a dough forms. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies turn slightly brown around the edges. Allow them to cool on cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Repeat with remaining dough. Makes around 20 cookies.
- I served mine with Almond Milk.
Find this recipe and more like it at www.ambitiouskitchen.com.
Update: These were gone the same day. I made more… lasted 36 hours. Yeah, they’re that good.