Progression’s Friday Night Lights #bewell
This post is your one-stop shop for ALL info about FNL event #3.
Thanks to Chris Tuttle and Rachel Gustine
at Empowered Family Chiropractic for their sponsorship of FNL Week 3!
Chris Tuttle will lead a FREE spinal hygeine workshop for Progression members on Saturday, March 25th at 10am at Empowered Family Chiropractic.
Info on the workshop:
The spinal hygiene workshop will cover athletic performance and injury prevention from a chiropractic model. The workshop will consist of a brief presentation followed by a hands on spinal hygiene workshop.
Sign up sheet available at FNL!
The official FNL start time is 5:00pm. At that time, we will begin running heats of athletes and will continue to run heats until all athletes have competed.
Reserve your heat time HERE or just show up and we’ll fill you in first-come-first-serve.
Progression will be open at 3:00pm for any athlete who needs to complete their workout early. We will have staff here to facilitate and judge, but, of course, there won’t be the incredible atmosphere like there is in the evening.
The CrossFit Open workouts are kept a tight secret until Thursday evening of each week. Once the workout is announced, Progression will share it via our FB page.
If you are competing in the CF Open and need a certified Judge, please make arrangements.
Any modifications to start time or heats, based on length of WOD or equipment needs, will be shared with you ASAP.
CF Open Athlete vs FNL Athlete
Progression athletes who have signed up for the CF Open will complete the workout as written, according to their division – Rx, Scaled, Masters or Masters Scaled.
All other athletes may complete ANY version of the workout. Scaling is appropriate and encouraged, when necessary. Please be aware that the Progression coaching staff may alter the workout for non-Open athletes based on equipment limitations and/or time.
FNL teams of 4 athletes will gain points in the following categories:
- Attendance – Show up and you get a point. No show?…no point. If you complete the workout earlier in the day, point. If you have a scheduled substitute for yourself, point.
- Homework – A skill or strength challenge posted weekly. Completed = 1 pt/person
- Week 3 Homework: 20 Hip bridges and 1xL/R <–> upside down KB carry. (3x this week)
- Lifestyle – A general health/fitness challenge posted weekly. Completed = 1pt/person
- Week 3 Lifestyle: Post a pic/video/fb live of you doing Turkish Get Up (TGU) at home with a household item. Use #bewell in your post!
- Workout Score – Each athlete’s score is recorded and will be totaled for a team score.
- Spirit – Show support for team and others. How you accomplish this is up to you! Progression Coaches award points weekly to top 3 most-spirited teams.