Changing habits is hard. No denying it. We know this at Progression. Setting yourself up for success is fairly easy however. Give yourself a chance by following the following guidelines.
Plan your week on Sunday.
- Plan the coming week’s exercise in writing.
- Set a time for exercise each day.
- Put it in your calendar
Why plan ahead?
- Get rid of the excuse of not having time. You know what your going to do and when. There is no thinking required on the day of execution (which can be a huge obstacle).
- It is on your schedule, so it becomes an “appointment with yourself” rather than something you have to do “when you have time”.
- Creates discipline and consistency in your training, which is the number one thing it takes to get actual results.
Here’s what it looks like in implementation:
- Monday, 3:30 p.m. @ Gym — CrossFit Workout of the Day
- Tuesday, Run 30 mins at 7am
- Wednesday, 12 noon @ Gym — CrossFit Workout of the Day
- Thursday, 6:00pm Row 5k easy, assessory work, push ups, pull ups, KB swings and presses.
- Friday, 3:30 p.m. @ Gym — CrossFit Workout of the Day
- Saturday, 7:30am Bike Ride 45 mins
- Sunday, 10:00 a.m. — Walk 60 mins at 8am
Pretty simple. But it works. Treat your exercise time like they are job interviews. No excuses. You’re on time and ready to go.
If you have a hard time finding time for the gym, give this a try. Consistency is key to improving your lifestyle and function.
Give it a try. Let us know how it goes. Remember the Progression Lifestyle is at least 3x in the gym per week. You don’t need to be a Gym Rat to get lifelong benefits at Progression. But you do need to get here consistently.