NEW PRODUCT: SFH “Strong”
From SFH –
“STRONG is an anabolic activator that is designed to increase lean muscle mass and strength. The powerful combination of serum protein concentrate (SPC), creatine and glutamine synergize to produce strong muscle building conditions. This trio is a powerhouse that also supports gut health, restores and sustains energy levels, shuttles fat to the liver for fuel, has powerful antioxidant properties and facilitates higher absorption rates. Can be used alone or in combination with other sfh products.”
What can you expect from the addition of SFH strong to your diet, and who should think about adding this to there diet?
If you are someone who is looking to build lean muscle mass and strength, this product may be for you.
Creatine is essential in the creation muscle energy (ATP) – ATP in muscle fibers helps with fast twitch muscle contractions. Think explosive movements – sprinting, jumping, and olympic lifts. In the short term, you may not see the benefit of creatine but imagine that you have the energy to make 1 extra lift every training session. This will add up over the course of a year, and even more so over multiple years of training and lifting. We all know the benefits of additional strength in helping with weight loss and building leaner, stronger muscle. Remember it takes time to build a mountain.
Glutamine is a non-essential Amino Acid (your body produces it) and it could help cut your recovery time by aiding in the repair of your muscle fibers after strenuous work out. Glutamine becomes a conditional amino acid when you are sick or under extreme stress (strenuous exercise), meaning the body does not produce as much and requires supplementation (SFH STRONG). As a conditional amino acid, your body will require additional Glutamine to prevent muscle wasting or stop the breakdown of muscle fibers. Remember BCAA’s (Branch Chain Amino Acids) are essential for building stronger, leaner, thicker muscle fibers (muscle fuel) and are one of the main reasons people take protein supplements. Keep in mind SFH Strong only has 4grams of protein per serving. It may be a nice addition to a scoop of SFH Pure Whey Protein.
- According to the Mayo Clinic the following are a list of creatine dosing recommendations based on your level of activity and or conditions.
This dosing recommendation seems to fit the majority of our gym
- “For enhanced athletic performance (sports/general), 15-30 grams of creatine has been taken by mouth daily for five days to four weeks, as has 20 grams daily for five days followed by 5 grams daily for 10 weeks. A dose of 0.3 grams/kilogram of creatine has been taken by mouth daily for six days as a loading dose followed by 0.03 grams/kilogram daily for four weeks. Additionally, 20 grams of creatine has been taken by mouth daily on days 1-4, followed by 10 grams daily on days 5-6, and 5 grams daily on days 7-28.”
- Creatine dose per serving of SFH Strong – 5 grams
- Glutamine – 5 grams
- First and foremost, supplements are never a substitute for real food. You can get creatine from lean meat.
- By first having your diet in check and consistent you will actually be able to tell if the supplements have any kind of effect on your body.
- If you are looking to improve muscle growth and strength you can do this naturally by increasing your HGH (human growth hormone) production by doing the following……
> Sleep 7-8 hours a night
> Eat lean meats, veggies, nuts, seeds, some fruit, little starch, and NO sugar for your diet
> exercise moderately / intensely daily
> get outside for 1-2 hours per day in the sun and take a solid vitamin D supplement (SFH FISH OIL)
- If you are doing all of the above and want to maximize your training sessions, SFH Strong may be worth trying.
- SFH Strong retails at $50 per bag