What’s in season? Zucchini!
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and lightly oil a large casserole dish.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the sweet potatoes, onion, and garlic and cook until sweet potato is softened.
Add the zucchini, mushrooms, italian seasoning, swiss chard or baby spinach. Cook until spinach or chard has wilted, about 3 minutes.
Add in the diced ham and diced canadian bacon. Transfer the meat and vegetable mixture to the casserole dish and spread it into an even layer.
Beat the eggs and egg whites together in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the vegetable layer in the casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven for 55 minutes, or until casserole is cooked through. Remove from oven and allow casserole to rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound of smoke roasted Salmon – available at Sam’s Club
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- Dash each of garlic powder, red pepper flakes and italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup bone broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds zucchini noodles – Use a spiralizer to make these!
- Parmesan cheese for topping if desired
- Combine butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, onion, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, italian seasoning, and a dash of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable stock and lemon juice along with another dash of salt and pepper. Add the smoked salmon. Bring to a simmer; stir in zucchini noodles until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Place zucchini into your meal prep containers and top with parmesan cheese if desired.
- This recipe gave 6 meals, each weighing a bit over 1/2 pound. Each meal has 348 calories, 20.5 g fat, 8.9 g carbs, and 30.5 g protein