Today I will reveal a third Holiday Throwdown Event. This workout release and the 2019 Holiday Throwdown are brought to you by Jason Carey, Realtor, The Trusted Team, Re/Max Results.
Here is a little about how Jason and Tiffany strive to serve their clients:
We are excited to serve our clients in a more unique and complete way by combining our individual strengths, talents and experiences, complementing each other’s weaknesses, and bringing all of that together to better meet your needs. We share the same philosophy of how to come alongside you, with integrity and honesty, to walk you through this exciting journey…before, during and beyond the sale. We value the privilege of serving you and those you know who are in need of professional and personable Realtors.
In addition, we love our Rochester community and the people who are part of it! It is our privilege to serve alongside several organizations in our city and to pour back into the neighborhoods we work in and around each day.
Finally, we are proud to call Rochester our home. We know the neighborhoods, attend the events and live life with the people here. So, we are better able to help you find the best place for you to call home.
We look forward to working with you!
Next a quick recap of what you know so far.
- Event 1, “ Roasted: by the fire or in the oven, either way, our legs are crispy & well done!,” will include partner deadlifts + 2 other elements. You should attempt partner deadlifts ahead of the event. The DL weight is scalable. Our intent is that you have fun and challenge yourself. As always our #1 priority is your health.
- Event 2, “Burpee Turkey,” is a 3-minute AMRAP of burpee tire flips just like you did in the 2016 Turkey Throwdown. Tire Flips can be substituted out for any team members who know they should not perform Tire Flips.
The third and final event that will be revealed ahead of time is a floating WOD. This means you can perform it anytime throughout our morning of competition. The deadline to submit your score at the official scorekeeping table is 11:00 am. Scores can be submitted anytime between 8:00 am and 11:00 am.
The workout is…..drumroll, please…. Prepare to hear Marcy groan….
THE FISH GAME! Each teammate must submit a score for the Fish Game that is programmed on our Concept2 Row Erg machines.
The rules for Floating Fishy: Players may attempt the game up to 3 times. The game must be played at Progression with a witness between 8:00am and 11:00am on December 7, 2019. The witness can be your teammate. Any human will do. Only 3 attempts to achieve a high score may be completed on 12/7. Only 1 attempt is necessary. You must make a petition with a coach if you feel that you should not attempt the Fish Game. If a coach agrees it is not in your best interest to row, a teammate may submit 2 scores to replace your missing score.
- We have a great raffle going to raise more money for the Boys and Girls Club of Rochester! Check out the raffle on the tables near the entrance to the gym. Be sure to buy a few tickets. All items have been donated, so ALL proceeds will go directly to the Boys and Girls Club.
We have some really great items including:
- DoTERRA Product Package valued at over $250
- $100 Scheels Gift Card
- $100 Rogue Gift Card
- Gatorz Sunglasses
- MyZone Heart Rate Monitor
- $50 worth of tokens for the Rochester Farmers’ Market
- $50 Gift Card to Bitter and Pour
- $50 Gift Card to Twigs Tavern
- $40 worth of Gift Cards to Miracle Nails
- $50 toward any massage service with Donna Albertson
- 2019 Holiday Throwdown Shirts have been ordered. If you didn’t get one, and you’re disappointed/devastated about that, contact me.
- Who: The 24 Teams that are currently registered! The event is sold out! If you didn’t get in on the action before it sold out, I’d love to have you there to help out or cheer. Come be a part of the best gym community in the world!
- What: A functional fitness competition with an emphasis on FUN. There will be 4 workouts.
- When- 8:00 am to 11:30 am Saturday, December 7, preceding the great 10 Year Anniversary Party. Grey gym will be open for warm-up at 7:30am. Heat Assignments and times TBA soon!
- Where- Progression Fitness
- Ways to Win- Don’t forget, this year not only will you be competing for the title, “Fittest Team on Earth,” but also for the titles of Best Dressed, Most Holiday Spirit and Best Team Name!
Please thank all of our wonderful Progression 2019 Holiday Throwdown Sponsors. I look forward to introducing the rest of them soon. They are Linda Gates, GRI, Chris and Rachel Tuttle: Empowered Family Chiropractic, Shannon Astorino: Astorino’s Tree Service, Alex Lair: Echelon Wealth Partners, and Todd Severson: TLS Companies.