1. Fitness is lifelong journey. If you are planning on 6 week program to change you forever, you will not change. Showing up is 90% of the journey and you will need to show up for the rest of your life.
2. The scale is just a number and may go up or down as you get more fit. Use other tools to determine progress. Benchmark work outs, Lift PR’s, Race times.
3. Consistency in training is the key to success. Not which program or which gym you go to. Make it the gym 1 or 2 days a week? Not getting results? Not surprised. Choose a gym or program that allows you to be consistent and continue for a very long time.
4. Doing too much cardio can increase the production of cortisol, a stress hormone. When this hormone is released it leads to food cravings because the body wants to overcompensate for the burned calories. So you will end up consuming more calories than you burned.
5. Recording your activity is key to success. Writing things down not only increases your consistency but gives you proof of your success or failure.