The Dirty Burger.
This recipe is for 2-4 people – 2 if you are really hungry and looking for a “cheat” meal
Sweet Potato Hash:
2 Large sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded in the food processor
1 large white onion, sliced into large rings
6 large white button mushrooms, sliced
Bacon: 8-10 slices
Meat: 2 pounds grass fed beef
2 eggs, or 1 egg per burger
Optional: If looking for something a little sweet, add 1 chopped apple. We used a Sweet Tango apple.
For a ranch type sauce, combine 1/4 cup spicy paleo mayo + 1/4 cup coconut milk, shake of dried dill, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried parsley, and 1 T lemon juice in a small bowl
Or you could use guacamole, or spicy mustard (from the store- no sugar added).
1. In a large skillet, cook bacon. When fully cooked, transfer bacon to a plate with a paper towel to drain. Keep the bacon grease – its magical. If using the chopped apple, cook the apple slices with the bacon.
2. In the bacon grease, cook the shredded sweet potato.
3. Add bacon grease or olive oil to another pan and start cooking burgers. Grilling burgers outside is of course excellent as well.
4. Begin cooking burgers. Either in skillet with olive oil, or by Grilling outside. Cook to desired doneness.
5. In a separate smaller skillet, saute the onion rings and mushrooms. When fully cooked, and sweet potato is almost done, combine onions and mushrooms to the sweet potato skillet.
6. In the smaller skillet, cook 2 eggs, or 1 egg per burger, over easy. Don’t overcook the eggs – the goal is to have the yoke a little runny.
7. After the sweet potatoes have been cooking for about 15-20 minutes, its time to start the burgers. Make 2 large burger patties, or 4 smaller ones. Go BIG if you are starving. Grill until they are medium well.
8. Assembly: On a plate, add one burger patty, top with one egg, bacon, sweet potato hash, sauteed mushroom and onions, and add desired sauce.
[…] 3. Eat a LOT. Plenty of fat and protein today will help ensure you have plenty of gas in the tank tomorrow. Try this: PR Predictor! […]