When you see a paleo recipe leading with “nutty cocoa-nana” you jump on it. When there are less ingredients than fingers on your hand, it jumps to the top of your list.
What’s great about these pancakes is, they couldn’t be easier to make, they’re delicious, they travel well, and you can freeze them.
- 2 Bananas (the riper, the sweeter)
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Nut Butter (chef’s choice) *Note: Almond Butter was used for this recipe.
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Once the bananas are thoroughly smooshed, add the eggs and nut butter, and mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Add the cocoa powder; if you find that the mixture becomes a little too dry then consider adding a couple of extra eggs. *Note: The consistency of these is similar to traditional pancakes so adding a scoop of your favorite protein powder would be a great option.
- Warm up your skillet on a medium heat and cook the pancakes.
And now, a look at the extras that played ever important roles in this paleo-ish pancake making production.
This recipe is brought to you by: PaleoHacks